Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Light Aura (64)

art by Mandi Cottontail (mandicottontail) on deviantArt.
  


I must confess I am slightly saddened by the lack of reviews.  However, I am sure that the lack is probably do to all of you being busy (something with which I am very well acquianted with.)  Anyway, so I'm going to give my notes on the chapter and then reply to the two reviews and then all future reviews can be replied to in a future blog post! (I will still reply if you review after I post, I promise!!!)

All right, so I really only have one note on thic chapter, actually.  It's about how Namine levelled.  Based on my last post, I believe that brings her up to Level 9, giving her the ability to Scan.  (Based on KH1 standards, which is the ability list that I have.)

Namine levelling is also why her energy was restored.  Like how you come up to full health and magic when you level up in Kingdom Hearts.  You do that, right? I'm not imagining things? Correct me if I'm wrong.  I could be crazy.

Is it kind of convenient that she levelled a chapter after her and Riku were talking about it? Yes.  Does it really matter? I don't think so.  

Anywho, that's my only note.  I'm going to update the Combos page with the Light Aura information.  Go figure, Light Aura is more like a Limit than a Combo.  Riku and Namine seem to have the propensity for Limits when they are at the brink of exhaustion than for Combos that are a flaunt of their power.  Go figure.

I'm just making up comments as I go along on this.  So, rar and I came up with this backstory about Namine.  (Kind of independently of each other, now that I think about it.) Basically, Larxene used to shoot lightning at Namine as well as the Repliku, to bother Repliku.  Or to prove something to Namine.  Did Larxene really need a reason? No.  Namine then basically built up a hatred of lightning so strong that she refuses to learn Thunder magic.  

KKBeckett, in those notes, I think I've actually answered all of your questions and comments.  Other than the fact that you can sure as heck TRY and shoot Larxene, but you can't kill her yet, I need her.  (Sadly.)

My dear Guest, I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and I made you laugh! I like putting little conventions in there like Heartless dropping money for laughter's sake.  

Anywho, that's all the responses.  Just a little update on stuff.  I HAVE actually finished all of Betwixt and Between. Four more chapters and an epilogue.  Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting chapters.  I finished writing last night.  Rar's read through everything and content-wise, stuff is great.  I am going to read things through again and whatnot before posting, and I don't want to put a whole bunch of chapters up at once, so I will be spacing them out.  I'll still blog and stuff.  I'm going to (hopefully) be managing another blog for the novel that I am literally picking up in two days for a rewrite.  I'll give a link to that blog in a future blog post on here if you wish to follow that blog for the next couple of months.  (I would appreciate it! I have come to accept a lot of you as more than just readers, but as friends, almost! :) )

Okay, so... enough of me rambling, have a nice day!!

6 comments:

  1. Actually, the "backstory" for Namine was all you. I can see how I influenced it, and I did put hints at it POSSIBLY happening in that AU sequence, but if you hadn't have put it in, I probably never would've gone anywhere with it. Seriously.
    Unless I'm missing something here...

    oh! and about the levels! I honestly don't remember if leveling restores your health in KH games. I didn't pay attention when I went through KH2, and in Days you level up AFTER your missions and your health has already been restored by then. So...
    However, I don't think anyone will complain. In most other RPGs it works like that. I think. It works that way in Paper Mario! Lol. I can't think of any other games where it works that way off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like it was still a joint effort though. *shrug*

    Huh, maybe. I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, I really want to kill Larxene. *sigh* *hides spear*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you can play target practice!

      Delete
    2. *pulls out bow and arrow*
      This should be FUN!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete