Thursday, October 11, 2012

Squinoa

Found the photomanip on tumblr, I don't know who did it though.  Leon from Kingdom Hearts and Rinoa from Dead Fantasy.

For the heck of it, you should search Dead Fantasy on YouTube.  Rinoa is epic.  Just sayin'.  

Anyway, by the time All the Pieces and Betwixt and Between roll around, the events of FF8 are long past.  Squall (Leon, but I'm calling him Squall in this post) and Rinoa are VERY MUCH a couple.  The reason why she's in Hollow Bastion at all, really, is because he's there.  Yes, there's enemies to kill.  But there's enemies to kill all over the place.  But she's been separated from him since sometime before KH1 because the way my canon ended up working out, she was on a pilgrimage to hone in on her Sorceress powers in attempts to make them better, as well as keeping herself from becoming consumed by them.  Naturally though, she can't control that part, which is where Squall comes in because he's her knight.  *insert FF8 lore here*

But, basically, they're at a point in their relationship where they're not leaving each other any time soon.  They should just get married.

Or something like that.

Hmm... I should have found a wedding picture for the heck of it.  Oh well...

Though, when you search "Squall and Rinoa" half of the results are cosplays by Eyes-0n-Me.  Granted, they are EXCELLENT cosplayers, so if you like looking at good cosplays, check them out.

Okay, time to talk about their strengths and weaknesses.  

Separately, they are both pretty strong fighters.  Together, even more so.   

But, let's talk about separately first.  

Rinoa's strengths: oh, being a pretty amazing Sorceress.  She doesn't have to replenish her magic, she can just use however much she wants at any given time without much need of rest.  Plus, she has her blaster edge for physical damage and I wouldn't put it past her to know how to wield Squall's gunblade by now.  (I'm probably going to have her do so at some point, so don't be surprised.)  

Rinoa's weaknesses: her power getting the better of her and she turns into a Sorceress ala Adel or Ultimecia.  It's her greatest fear.

Squall's strengths: pretty awesome physical fighter.  He knows a lot about a lot of things (though he can occasionally be wrong about lore).  

His weaknesses: Oh, being head over heels in love for Rinoa.

Though, he can keep his head in battle for the most part.  Until she's in trouble that is.

Their combo? It's basically just a combination of her chain-casting really big spells like meteor or meltdown and him Lionhearting stuff.  Big massive damage.  Got the idea for it when I was fighting the Ultima Weapon, she was chain-casting stuff and then got killed, I went for Squall's Limit Break and got Lionheart.  Yup.  

It occurs to me that I should have found a more battle-y picture of the two of them.  Oh well.

Art by yukikominazuki on deviantArt.
Oh well, I shall just post an adorable picture instead.

In my canon, Rinoa has wings all the time.  It's a result of her becoming a fully realized Sorceress.  She can fly though.  And she could probably carry people if she had to.  But only one at a time and probably only smaller people.  Except, she'd carry Squall despite how heavy he may or may not be because she loves him.

I'm working on getting my own drawing of her done... but life has happened lol.  

Back on track... Now that I think about it, if I were to pick a strongest couple from my fics, I would probably pick Squall and Rinoa: simply because they've been together for so long and have grown accustomed to how the other behaves and fights and crap like that.  They've learned to live with each other, realized they can't live without each other, and a whole ton of philisophical things like that.  Either that, or it's Zack and Aerith.  I'll reconsider this when I post the ZackxAerith post.  EDIT:  So… not actually going to try and pick a strongest couple.  I think we’ve already established that…

The KH couples have a long way to go.  Squall and Rinoa have been together for YEARS.  
I certainly wouldn't want to be going up against them.  

On a different note.  Neither of them is in danger of falling into darkness.  Sure, Squall's moody, but that's just 'cause he's moody, not 'cause he has problems with darkness like Cloud does.  He's pretty balanced, I'd say.  Rinoa's not going to fall into the darkness anytime soon either.  Yes, there's the risk that her power might consume her--but that doesn't automatically mean darkness brewing.  Not in her case anyway.  She's more of an angelic sorceress than a demonic one.  Note her wings.  No, she's not Princess of Heart light--but she's not toeing the line of darkness either.

Hmm, I think that's all I have to say.  Shweet.

Art by Tsubaki_chan on deviantArt.

No comments:

Post a Comment