Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Final Fantasy Character’s Ages

So, starting with Aerith, why? Because it's Aerith and I can lol.  So, in the events of FF7 proper, she's 22.  However, in MY canon, Aerith is 25 come AtP.  Thinking back, this makes her 13 in BBS, which is logical, given Zack's apparent age in Olympus Coliseum.  (Granted, no, they're not in diapers like Cid joked about, however, this is Cid, and that might ONLY be the manga, correct me if I'm wrong.)  So, yes, she's older in my canon than she ever gets to be in the actual FF timeline.  And since FF7 hasn't even happened in my timeline... well... shoot me.  It just means she gets more time to live and be happy with Zack.  Ha!

Speaking of Zack.  According to FF7 stuff, Zack's a year older than Aerith.  So, he's 26 in AtP.  Cool, logical, makes sense.  He's 14 when he's trying to become a hero in Olympus.  Also logical, I mean, look at all of what Sora was able to accomplish at 14.  Zack and Aerith ran into each other around 15 and 16, (which is younger than they meet in Crisis Core) but, hey, it makes more sense that Zack runs into her then on his expedition to become a mercenary.  Granted, he was always going off on another adventure.  But hey, she always waited for him.  ALWAYS.  And now he's back to stay for a while.  Granted, yes, it's been 10 years and he and Aerith are still... merely dating.  But hey, he's had wars to fight.  He met Cloud along the way, and by proxy was introduced to Tifa.  He's enjoying his life.

Cloud.  Cloud is a year younger than Aerith in FF7.  Perfect.  Cloud is then 24 come AtP.  He was 12 in BBS.  He wasn't in Hollow Bastion with the others.  He was in Nibelheim, actually.  He met Zack on their missions to become mercenaries in their mid- to late-teens.  Therefore, he was introduced to Aerith by proxy.  (I know I said in here that Aerith probably encouraged Cloud to bring Tifa along so he wasn't a third wheel, but Tifa and Cloud seeing each other during this time… so I’m not sure if it’d work the way I have it figured out…)  Yes, in the FF7 universe, by the time he's 24, Dirge has already happened, but I'm having to change canon here because KH created its own canon.  I'm working it out.  He's 24 right now and dealing with his darkness.  Darkness that he fell into in his mid-teens, before he met Zack even. 

Tifa.  Let's do Tifa next.  (Sorry, Leon, I know you're next on my list, but the readers would probably like some order, so it'll be Tifa.)  Anyway, so Tifa's a year younger than Cloud, putting her at 23 in AtP.  This makes her 11 in BBS in Nibelheim.  She's in her late-teens when she finally gets introduced to Zack and AErith.  And she's been on the road ever since shortly after Cloud  went on his own.  (She left to home to follow him.)  Currently, she's with her psuedo-family in Hollow Bastion until Cloud gets it in his head to move again (which he shouldn't... I'm not planning for him to.)  (Is what I'm typing even making sense... I feel like a TARDIS, speaking at several different time periods at once... the past, the present, and the little tidbits of the future that get sprinkled in...)

Leon.  FF8.  Easier stuff! So Squall/Leon is 17.  In KH, Leon's older.  Awesome.  Especially since I have it to where FF8 happened sometime in between BBS and KH1.  It just makes the most sense.  Anywho, in AtP, Leon is 27.  Making him actually older than everyone else.  However, I just get the feeling that he's like an older brother almost to Aerith and whatnot.  He was 15 in BBS, saw some crappy stuff happen to Hollow Bastion shortly thereafter, went on a happy little adventure at 17 with Rinoa as a mercenary.  Now, ten years later (WHY IS HE NOT MARRIED TO HER YET).... well, he's been dealing with darkness of the worlds and stuff.  And so has she.  It'll happen.  I'll tell you that.  They'll get married.  I will confirm this one.  He, after all this time, may actually settle down at the end of Betwixt and Between.

Rinoa, who just logically comes after Leon.  Even though she calls him Squall and he doesn't have the heart to stop her for it.  Rinoa's the same age as Leon.  In her mid-teens, her world was having some problems with monsters and darkness and stuff, so she went searching for mercenaries to help because during that time, there weren't a whole lot of Keyblade-wielders readily available.  (This is in between BBS and KH1, mind you.)  She finds Squall, and they have an adventure and fall in love.  Now, she's a happy age of 27, she's got her Sorceress Powers quite in check and she's epic.  (Think Rinoa at her best in the game, combined with Monty Oum's Dead Fantasy, combined with just more epicness.)  And she loves Squall and she's acting on that now, now that she's not at risk of her powers backfiring on her in some way. 

Yuffie, let's do Yuffie next.  Yuffie's a fun one.  Back to FF7 and KH not lining up WHATSOEVER.  So, KH actually says that she's 16 in KH1.  She's also 16 in FF7.  Awesome.  Not.  Well, since I have an age to go off of, like, officially compared to some of the others.  (Though, I think it might say Leon's in his 20's somewhere...) She's 6 in BBS then, happy and young and still young when Hollow Bastion gets sundered.  (Good word, sundered.)  Poor thing... Anywho, by AtP she's 18, which is her Advent Children Age.  Lovely.  Somehow, I've gotten her a year off the difference between what she and Cloud are in FF7.  Lame.  Oh well.  Not changing it. 

Quistis.  Quistis, like Rinoa, (though I didn't mention it in Rinoa's paragraph) is not in KH, so there really isn't any age comparing problems.  She is, however, a year older than Leon.  Therefore, she is 28 in AtP, making her the oldest one of the group.  Back in the day, like, when she was 18 or 19 or so, she had her adventures with monsters and Ultimecia.  Then she traded off between being a teacher at Balamb Garden, and helping Rinoa with her Sorceress powers.  Now she's on a different mission with Rinoa, (which is basically to be where Squall is) and while she's at it, she's helping out Hollow Bastion, which is still having problems with darkness--thanks to Xehanort.

Zell also has no presence in KH.  However, he's the same age as Rinoa and Squall.  He's 27 by AtP and is a mercenary like Zack.  However, whereas Zack always has a habit of coming home to Aerith, Zell just goes back to Balamb Garden.  (Or another Garden, idk.  But Balamb's where he's based out of.)  He, unlike Rinoa, is not planning on settling down anytime soon.  And he has YET to find a girl that he likes that likes him back.  But, idk, maybe....

And, Cid… um… I never did quite figure out his age for the last time I posted this. I still don’t quite have his age figured out.  I’ll bet he’s probably in his early- to mid-thirties.  This goes along with how old he is compared to others from FF7.  (Specifically if he’s 34 right now.)  I mean, he might be a TAD older than that because he needs to be the significant adult of the party when Hollow Bastion was plunged into darkness in order to logically take on Leon, Aerith and Yuffie.  *shrug*  I wouldn’t say he’s any older than 38 though. 

So, spoilers a tad... Denzel and Marlene.  Who very well may come to play a part in this if I go through with everything.  Currently, Denzel is 9 and Marlene is 7--older than they are in even Advent Children, however, I mean... so is everyone else from FF7.  I BELIEVE that Denzel and Cloud are the accurate number of years apart, however.  And, this will end up working quite nicely with another little project that I may end up doing... Heheh...

Anywho... yeah... um... that's it, I suppose.  If you have any questions, ask.  I kinda feel like I'm spamming you with posts right now... but I'm REALLY trying to get everything ported over and one post a day isn't going fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment