Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Clever Title is Clever (Prequel ch47)

As in, I can't think of anything at the moment.

Chapter

Tumbl

I knew where this was going right from the beginning really, (well, beginning meaning the fleshed-out  FFVIII arc.)  I knew that Rinoa was going to discuss what she should do about the fact that she has the power of multiple Sorceresses and how they would set a goal to maybe transfer some of her Sorceress power back to Edea so that Rinoa was not at risk of being consumed/corrupted by that power.  Quistis, too, would volunteer to take some of that power in order to alleviate Rinoa's strain.  Assuming they knew how to do that, which they don't at the moment.

Meanwhile, Squall was going to set up to go back home.  Zell was to stay in Balamb, Laguna was to go to Esthar.  Ellone would follow him, but after she helped out Rinoa.

by hinokami-san
I mean, I made some minor changes.  In my outline, it was Squall's idea to go back to Traverse Town because he was homesick, but by the time I'd written it, Squall was mostly just conflicted and Rinoa had to convince him that going home was a good idea.  Naturally, they'll keep in touch and visit each other.

The whole thing with Aerith's letters was added later. I mean, I knew Aerith was writing him, and I figured that Aerith's letters would probably get a little more worried as time went on.  I mean, the last time we saw Aerith in-story was the chapter where she can't really focus on anything because she's worried both about Zack and about Leon and then she goes and fights Heartless and Zack drops in.  It's been at least three weeks since that point.  So yeah.

The artwork off to the side isn't really related to anything, except that I found it adorable. :-)

To respond to KKBeckett's review, yes, it is sort of like we're coming to a close.  The FFVIII arc is almost done.  But fear not, I have plenty more plot to come.  I'd say what, but that'd be spoilers, so ya'll just have to keep reading.

I'll give you some teaser quotes because I like you all, though!

"You're wearing a lot of pink."

"I feel the same way about Zack most of the time."
"Most of the time?"
"Sometimes he's obnoxious and I want to smack him over the head with my staff."

"Do you need glasses? Of course it's me!"

"You ever traveled by star shard before?"
"Huh?"
"I'll take that as a no.  Piece of advice: brace yourself."

"I don't think you'll believe me."
"Try me."

Anywho, I like this video.  Also, I just like Sara Bareilles.



No comments:

Post a Comment