Saturday, October 26, 2013

Saving Squall (Prequel ch45)

At last, the Ultimecia/end of time arc is resolved! There's still some more resolution as far as the FFVIII arc is concerned, but that's coming up soon as well.

Meanwhile, there's still Cloud to worry about.  Oh, and the fact that Aerith's convinced something bad has happened to Leon.  I'm evil.

Chapter

Again, no tumbl.  This time because I wrote this chapter with a very strong base of my other fanfic, To Save Him.  There are subtle differences, but not enough that I was blogging about it.

by ~MCAshe on dA
Mostly I knew that Rinoa was going to go save him, using her vast amounts of Sorceress powers, and I becomes a power surge and takes them back to their own time, two or three days after she left originally.
didn't see a point of changing too much of FFVIII canon, since it is Rinoa that saves Squall at the end anyway.  She transports herself practically to him, only having to walk a little bit at the end of time.  She finds him unconscious at ... well, I suppose it's time limbo by that point.  He doesn't wake up and his heartbeat's super faint and so she thinks he might actually be dead for a moment there.  She starts weeping and then she

I mentioned in my notes "For once, she rescued him."

I am very fond of this chapter, mostly because it really solidifies the Squinoa dynamic.  They are totes adorable.

Also, Leon has finally come to terms with his father's existence and it's he that initiates the hug.  I love character development!

That, and Quistis totally ships Squinoa and completely understands why they don't feel like being the center of attention.  Yup.  That's a thing.

Boy, do I have so much in store for them later!

Coming up, we've got some Yuffie, which I know has been a request of some of the readers.  Then, there's going to be some "What is Rinoa going to do with all of her powers" as well as "Someone should let Aerith know that people are okay."  Heh!

Hmm, I think I'll give you some teaser quotes, because I'm in the mood:

"And you're wet! Yuffie! What did you do? Did you fall into the fountain?"

"You cannot change the past."

"Or I could just have a near-death experience."
"Don't be ridiculous.  None of us are going to fight you just for something like that."
"The powers themselves would kick in anyway.  Self-preservation tactic.  It wouldn't be an easy fight."
"Besides, Leon wouldn't let us touch you."

"I just got this awful feeling this morning and I can't shake it."

"You have a family back home, that you haven't seen in over a year--nearly two! Go visit them!"

That's that for now.

I know I've posted this video before, but I just love it too much...  Also, it's really hard to find good Squinoa videos....


No comments:

Post a Comment