Sunday, October 6, 2013

Squinoa, just get together already (ch35)

Eh, I can't really berate them too much, Rinoa burst into tears when Leon told her he loved her.

Link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/35/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

No tumbl for this one, sorry guys.

Anyway, so I knew from the beginning that Rinoa would, at some point, think that Leon loved Aerith the entire time and it would come out and she'd be upset and yadda yadda.  But as I was writing this, I realized how ridiculous that sounded.

However, what's not so ridiculous, is that Rinoa's got other issues, like, the fact that she's been possessed and feels that everyone hates her and she's only useful up until Ultimecia's gone and...

Yeah, all that stuff.

by RinoaNeko on dA
And it just pains her to think that maybe Leon doesn't love her anyway... but he does.  And when he tells her that, she basically just bursts into tears.  I think it a completely normal reaction.  Mostly, I was just trying to keep the two of them from being ridiculous.

But yeah, this is also where Leon admits that he finally loves Rinoa.  And the Squinoa shippers all cheer.  Yes, Rinoa's being ridiculously emotional, but it's completely legit, because she's been through a lot and from her perspective, she feels that she's a walking timebomb.  At the moment, she is, but they're going to fix that.

I think that's all I have to say, actually.  This arc isn't as feelsy as the Zack one, mostly because Angeal's death is full of feels.

So, um, yeah.

Have a video:


No comments:

Post a Comment