Monday, October 14, 2013

She wants Time Kompression (ch39)

Or something like that :P

So, HUGE update! 2.5 was released! Anyone super excited? I probably watched the trailer four times this morning on tumblr alone (as in, every single time it showed up on my dash) and then I think I watched it again on FB.  Anyway...  *dances excitedly*

Anyway, link to chapter 39

Link to the tumbl

by VanEvil
So this chapter actually got written after I'd loaded up FFVIII and played that last battle again.  Because, why not.  T'was fun.  That, and I watched two different playthroughs to get more ideas than just what I do.  Because, seriously, I'm not writing Irvine or Selphie, and only some of their stuff gets transferred over to what I was doing with Edea and Laguna.  And my solution with Rinoa is to stick her in her limit break and then just keep her healed.  Then she just chain-casts.  There's no strategy.  And Rinoa in my fic would have strategy.  So... yeah...

Ultimecia's a pretty fun boss battle, honestly.  I found it incredibly easy the first time I played it (though, I'd had so much else go wrong with my game that I guess it just didn't quite match up to the suspense I'd gotten waiting for a functional third disk.)  All the same, it's a pretty decent battle, though the storyline of 8 is all over the place, don't get me wrong.  I think my stuff makes more sense lol.

Sorry for those of you reading the first posting of that chapter, I had missing words and stuff.  Clearly I need to proofread better.  I think it's all fixed now.  If not, lemme know, I'll probably fix them

Again, I kinda feel bad for all the crap I put Rinoa through.  This is the second time she's possessed.  And Ultimecia's a stronger consciousness.  And... yeah... I just... but... *shrug*.  Rinoa is the one who just gets all the Sorceress powers in my story.  Heheh...

And, yes, I did reference Shad.  Don't even ask me why.  I found it amusing and thus kept it.

Huh... is that really all I have to say about this chapter? I think it is.  I mean, it's just a boss battle.  The more interesting stuff will come in later chapters.  O...kay... then.

Well, then in that case... anyone wondering what happens next will have to wait a couple of chapters.  (I say two because the next chapter involves someone who is not these characters.  You'll see!

As usual, have a video:

Oh! before I do that! I found other things to say... I think I've already attached Rolling Girl to Rinoa.  Well, here, have another version of Rolling Girl (a really excellent cover if I do say so myself).  A lot of my feels relate to rar's feels on this one (not the first time I've said this) but... yeah... enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment