Monday, November 4, 2013

Leon's Return (Prequel Ch48)

Chapter

Tumbl

So, I wasn't going to do a blog post for this originally.  I was just going to lump it in with like, the next couple of chapter's worth because I wasn't sure what to say.  But now, because of how other things are lining up, I will be posting a blog.  Heheh.  You'll see.

I think I had a lot of things going through my head at the time when I was trying to figure out how exactly Leon's return would go.  I knew it would be something along the lines of he just showed up to surprise Aerith.  But then, somehow, it turned into he showed up via star shard, and then Aerith just assumed he was Zack and came looking, which turned out pretty darn well, if I say so myself.

Though, I will say, I kept switching between their POVs to the point where I actually got confused as to whose POV I was in.  (Clearly I fixed it, but still.  *rolls eyes at the two of them*)

by oblivious-life on dA
Anyway, this is also the part in the story in general where I just had SO FREAKING MUCH going on.  As in, I was dealing both with the Angeal part as well as Ultimecia at the same time.  And so I'm also wrapping up those arcs at the same time.  Not that Zack's healing arc is ENTIRELY wrapped up, because I don't think it ever will be, but all the same.  The FFVIII arc is wrapped up, however.  Sure, we'll still see those characters, but the arc is done.  Wow, I did NOT know what I was getting into when I decided I was doing that.  But I'm glad I went through with it.

Also, it's super amusing.  I was rereading through AtP and BB to write down bits and pieces so I could remember, for multiple reasons.  (like, oh, I don't know, a Book 3) and I just so happened to have written down the chapter about Zack reappearing in HB and Aerith whacking him on the head with her staff.)  The next day, I post this chapter, where Aerith casually mentions that sometimes Zack aggravates her to the point where she wants to whack him with her staff.  Sure, I had that chapter in mind when I wrote that bit of dialogue, but I did NOT plan me writing notes and posting at the same time.  Anyway.

So yeah.  Cookie, on the off chance that you're reading this, why? I'm 45 chapters ahead of where you're reading.  I'll PM you with responses!

KKBeckett, yes, Leon has emotions! It was kind of amusing as I was writing because I was basically just, Leon, did you emotion?!?

Archsage, yes, people are meeting each other and it's super exciting.  What's weird to me is all the people who HAVEN'T met, like Zack and Cloud, for example.  Or Tifa and Leon.  Or Cloud and Leon.  Yeah.  Um, yeah.  I'll leave it at that for now.

Have some more teaser quotes, but they have nothing to do with what I'm planning on posting next.  Muahahaha!

"Why would you go to Midgar?"

"Then some guy found me and I think he tried to get me to join a cult."

"I feel like I'm some sort of walking time-bomb."

"Don't talk with your mouth full.  There's more potatoes in the kitchen."

"Why here? What could I possibly need to do that's here?"

And, that's that for now.  But have a beatboxing cellist!


P.S. I'm writing book 3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment