Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Time Slipping Away (prequel ch43)

Excuse me while I set my feels aside from what I was writing to deal with the chapter that I posted yesterday.  The only thing similar is the darkness, and that's an overarching theme.  Heheh.

Chapter

No tumbl for this one guys.  It just didn't happen.  Everything moved so fast and I kept switching POVs to get the full story surrounding it.  Plus, I repeated a few things to get all the viewpoints and... yeah...

The only thing that would have gotten tumbld would have been my feels on Rinoa's hysteric breakdown.

But let me back up for a second.

Anyone notice how where they are keeps changing in relationship to time? (End of Time, Time Compression, Sliver in the End of Time, Present Time) This motif will continue in the next chapter of this arc. Yup yup.  I thought I was being clever.

cosplay by leonhart cosplay
Also, Rinoa basically stabs you in a knife with her feels.  But that's not before Leon wrings your feels out because he's started to forget Rinoa.  Which is totally something that happens in the ending video in the game.  I just abbreviated it.  Honestly, reading it over again, I think it makes it scarier, because it seems so sudden.  He's forgotten someone very important to him.  And he is stuck on a sliver of time, and he's got nowhere to go.

And then Rinoa (understandably) starts raving.  It doesn't matter what Quistis or Edea tells her, she's not going to accept the fact that Leon could be gone.  And when Quistis reminds her that the journey they took was bound to claim at least someone, Rinoa goes on about how she was the one it was supposed to have claimed, not anybody else, especially not Squall.  KKBeckett puts it accurately when she says "oh my feels."  Because "ugh feels!"

It kind of just blows my mind when I think about how someone could come to terms with their own death before they can come to terms with others.  I mean, I am aware that it happens.  But, all the same... yeah... special things, really.

As it is, I shan't say anything about where this is going.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.  Those of you who have read All the Pieces are lucky.  Not because you know how it ends, but because you know that it ends.  (If that makes sense muahahaha!).

So, other than that, I don't have anything to say.  Most everything I have to say comes with the next chapter of this arc.  So... I shall leave you with a video and bid you a nice day!

I love the animation done on this one by mike-inel.


No comments:

Post a Comment