Friday, October 18, 2013

Epic Blog Title for the Chapter, Yeah? (ch 41)

Clearly I don't feel like being too imaginative on that one.  :P

Chapter

Tumbl

Dude... writing a blog when you're distracted is actually super hard.  Meh.  Anyway.  So, in short, yay! Rinoa's possessed again and Leon has to save her, again.  (I'm awful, I know.)

Originally, before I determined that Ultimecia's consciousness would fight back, it was actually just going to be a darkness-consumed Rinoa, because Ultimecia's magic was so infused with darkness that it ended up in Rinoa.  But then, when I determined that Adel was going to possess Rinoa, it occurred to me that if Adel could do that, Ultimecia could/would as well.

And so here we are.

Poor Leon.  And the Cures don't do any good because darkness.  (It's a well-known fact in mine and rar's universes that Cures just don't work when there's too much darkness... see... haha... *sobs* ... Zack's death...)

Potions, however, work! Rar and I had a whole conversation on this, how potions just help the body heal, and the body doesn't want the darkness there, so it pushes the darkness out.  As opposed to Cures, which are magic and just fix things... but the darkness can cancel them out.  I mean, if there's only a little darkness, say, one dark bullet from Xigbar, it won't be a problem.  But completely darkness-infused wounds, or a darkness-raging person... yeah, no, a Cure's not gonna work at all.  Even if it's a Curasa.

by Kimika 
Anyway, but Leon's gonna battle until someone dies (and hopefully it's Ultimecia.)  Because Leon loves Rinoa and he admits this now.  And Quistis isn't going to go down without a fight, either.  So that was pretty fun to write.

I think, if I were to pick two favorite parts battle-wise, is when Quistis has Reflect on herself and it goes to Rinoa and Quistis just swears because she WARNED Leon about it, but then forgot it herself.  And then the second is when Leon pulls the mega-potion out of his pocket and thanks Aerith and it works on Rinoa because Leon considers her an ally.

I'm also super a fan of the imagery of Leon holding Rinoa down, forcing her to get healed even though the battle is far from over.  It's the tragedy-lover in me.  I did the same thing in RE5 when you have to fight Jill when she's possessed.  Yup.  I'm a weirdo.

But, yeah, I think that's all I have to say on that note.

Have a completely unrelated video!


No comments:

Post a Comment