Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Final Fight Against Genesis (25)

Link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/25/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to tumbl: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch25/chrono

If you look at the timestamps on those, it's because one is a liveblog, and the other is more thoughts that I added later.  Heh.

So, anyway, I could give you a beautiful epic picture of Zack fighting Genesis.  However, I'm going to give you this photo instead:


Photo put up by ~Rinoafox on dA.  Because while, yes, it has absolutely nothing to do with the chapter, it's absolutely hilarious.  Because, seriously.  Hojo.  Go die.

Anyway, moving on.

I outlined absolutely nothing for this chapter.  I just knew there would be a final confrontation with Genesis.  At the time when I was writing this, I had yet to actually beat Crisis Core, so I went and watched the final battle on YouTube because it wasn't like I was spoiling myself, I knew what happened anyway after watching rar play it.  (Why did I just try to type "R" and leave it at that? Rar is not a dead Replica...) Okay then.  Moving on.

Of course, as soon as I'm done writing this chapter, I go up against Genesis anyway (not the final battle, but the one you have in between the battle in Modeoheim and Banora.  Anyone remember what I'm talking about? I forget.  It happened in a cave of sorts.  Oi.)

Anyway, the syringe with the boosted degradation, not entirely sure where that came from.  It just happened.  So... yeah.

But no, the parallels between Axel/Saix and Angeal/Genesis were NOT OKAY ON SO MANY LEVELS.  MY GOSH.  UGH.  CAN YOU...? CAN YOU NOT?!?

If you want to know specifically the Axel/Saix feels I'm having, go read the last few chapters of All the Pieces.  Actually, I'm referring specifically to chapters 88 and 89.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6772185/88/All-the-Pieces-Lie-Where-they-Fell
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6772185/89/All-the-Pieces-Lie-Where-they-Fell

Yeah.... those chapters.  Ugh.  Feels.  Not okay guys, seriously.

I'm trying to remember what Zack was having a problem with... I think it had something to do with not striking Genesis when he's down, or perhaps just killing Genesis in general.  Zack was trying to be honorable and it was like, no, Zack... you need to kill him.  You can't save him.  THINK OF AERITH.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I have to say about that for now.

Review Responses: (I may just have a lot here)

KKBeckett: Oh, don't mind Genesis, he's only trying to bring about Angeal's demise.  But yeah, Angeal's okay for the moment.  Zack... well... we'll get to that.

MoonlightStar: (chapters 1-16):
I shall respond to the questions that don't get answered later so I don't spoil you.
So, yes, Yuffie's a lot younger than Leon.  I won't be shipping the two.  I tend not to ship across game.  Just as a personal thing.
Rinoa will eventually meet Zack.  They don't tend to speak a whole ton, now that I think about that.  Huh.  Food for my own thoughts.
Anyway, you okay? You appear to be having a lot of feels.

And that's that for now.  Have a video! (Because I can't think of anything else right now, have one of my current obsessions:)




No comments:

Post a Comment