Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fights Against Various Things with Various Shapes and Sizes (28)

Long title is long.  I don't even know.

Link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/28/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the livetumbl: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch28/chrono

So, these snippets were only loosely plotted out.  I knew that the Aerith/Zack/Angeal section was going to be short because writing a whole chapter on them researching would be boring to read after a while unless I had them run into someone and I like the idea of them going in and out with no one noticing.

Leon being restless at Balamb Garden is also a short sort of thing, considering he's just going to go gallivanting off to go rescue her in the next chapter or two and that's a whole sequence.

The Rinoa sequence got abridged because I needed to include the snippet with Cloud.  But it worked out, honestly, in my opinion.

by ~xxx-TeddyBear-xxx on dA
And then there's Sora, Riku, and Kairi, who never have long chapters, just snippets.  And that's cool.

(I am aware that picture has nothing to do with the chapter, but I love this debate.  One of these days, I will write Sora and Riku in Christmas town.)

I feel really bad for Zack, I'm shattering his world around him, and while it's hardly different than what happens to him in the game, it's still sad to watch.

Leon's just being adamant about going and rescuing Rinoa, which is good, because he needs to.  (And admit he loves her while he's at it.)

Rinoa's sequence, on the other hand, got super dark super fast.  I wasn't aware she was going to start ramming herself into walls in an attempt to beat Adel out of her.  When I wrote that I was literally like... Rinoa... what are you doing?!?!?!? Yeah.  I wasn't expecting that.

And poor Cloud.  He literally has the worst luck.  And he's just in the Realm of Darkness, walking, and it's rather saddening.

I determined that Riku's dad went missing sometime before he was eight.  I'm not sure how far before, but based on how Sora assumed Wakka was teasing him, it might have been recently.  Maybe not.  No real telling.

Review Responses:
KKBeckett: Yes, Angeal needs to stop thinking that he's a monster.  Ugh.  It's annoying.  And yeah, Leon should admit that soon.  Should being the operative word.  Rinoa's doing exactly what you think she's doing and it's not okay.  Yes, poor Cloud.  And yeah... Riku... just... don't punch people.  But... yeah...

Also, I'm obsessed with this song at the moment.  Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment