Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fight Against Larxene (ch31)

Because yup, that definitely happened.

Link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/31/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the livetumbl: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch31/chrono

by ~StrawberryKestral on dA
So, somewhere along the lines, I decided I wanted to include a chapter that had pre-Organization Larxene (I guess Arlene?).  Mostly because I happen to like the canon where the Organization is just WAITING for her to turn into a Nobody because she has so much potential.  But she's doing pretty good as a Somebody.  So good, that she landed herself the second-to-last spot in one of the Olympus cups.

I thought about Xigbar being the last person in the cup, because he's keeping an eye on her, but then I figured that would be too much, so I cut Xigbar and threw in a Guard Armor, because it didn't really matter anyway, because that's the battle Angeal comes and helps with.  (Which is why Larxene wasn't last.)

So anyway, I started writing backstories and stuff for her and it was not okay.  I'm not even sure how she wormed her way into the story at all (as the livetumbl will attest to.)

All I had originally planned was Zack looking for Angeal and he winds up in Olympus Coliseum because that's where Angeal's gonna be and Phil ends up forcing Zack through a cup because that's what Phil does.  That's all I knew.  But then all the Heartless battles would get boring and monotonous, and then Larxene happened.

Fun fact, Zack saying "bitter taste" upon finding Angeal missing and his mother recently having passed away is a direct reference to Axel saying the exact same thing after the final battle in All the Pieces and Saix dying.  I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I definitely realized it after the fact and figured I'd make mention of it here.

Another fun fact, what Zack's got equipped is the exact same thing that I had equipped when I was going through Crisis Core as I was simultaneously writing this chapter/playing the game.

Also, rar went through some cups in Olympus in KH1 to help me determine just how easy certain Heartless would be for Zack.  It was pretty amusing and fun.

The Crisis Core soundtrack was super helpful for me when I was writing this chapter.  It's super handy for just about the next several chapters I write with Zack (having all of them written, I can say this with utmost confidence.)  You'll hear more about it, I'm sure.  Or you won't, 'cause I'll have forgotten.

Also, Zack was giving me feels prematurely and it was not okay.

Review Responses:
So Zack has exactly what he needs... for now.  At the moment, at least.  And yes, yes, that is Larxene.  Most definitely.  I don't know how, it just happened.

Have a very Zack-related video! (for some reason, it won't let me embed it, but Tto12 is awesome (so is ARS), so you should click on it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbai1xKfLSg

No comments:

Post a Comment