Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Fight Against Adel (22)

Because, we needed more fights.  Actually, we did.

Link to the chapter: (I swear it's the chapter this time, not my fanfic profile) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/22/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the tumbl (it wasn't live, I basically went in and added my thoughts afterwards): http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch22/chrono

I'm actually doing a thing where I'm not livetumbling what I'm writing right now because I'm so far ahead and spoilers, and it takes more effort to livetumbl what I'm writing.  However, I'll still make posts under tags for each chapter later with my thoughts.  Because little snippets of thoughts are funny.

Erm, if you didn't know, a Can't Escape chapter went up! Link in the previous post.

Um, yeah, so, this chapter!

Leon is mostly just like "oh my gosh guys, must you be all dumb-sounding!" Because, Rinoa and Zell both drive him up a wall.  Quistis is quiet, he likes Quistis.  (Shh, Squinoa shippers, that'll happen later.)  Of course, then he's super impressed with Rinoa lying her face off to get them in there.  And then when Zell starts flirting, he's all jealous.  Yup.  That happened.  He just squashed it.  (That didn't make it on the tumbl, huh...)

Anyway, I contemplated several different ways for them getting to Adel without help from the president of Esthar, because that scene happens later! (I mean, I could have moved them around... but I had already planned it out this way...) (That, and the tourist idea was super funny and amusing.)
by ~retamal1990 on dA

But yeah, Quistis and Scanning is a thing.  (I never really used the Scan spell in the game *shrug*).  Anyway, Quistis is actually super quietly badass during this whole scene because she's orchestrating what will go on, keeping track of everyone, and all that jazz.  She doesn't have to worry about Curing anyone, because that's Rinoa's job, but she does think to add things to Rinoa's barrier when Adel keeps using the Quake spell.  Anyway, yeah, minor Quistis appreciation paragraph.

So, anyway, a while ago, back in Betwixt and Between, I talked about Flexors, and how they can cast magic from all ends of the spectrum.  All Sorceresses are Flexors. Sure, Adel is basically an evil Sorceress, but that doesn't prohibit her from casting spells like Holy and Ultima.  Just like how Rinoa's a good Sorceress and that doesn't stop her from casting spells like Meteor and Flare.  Aerith, however, is not a Flexor, so while she can have a basic understanding of black magic, she is a white magic caster.  (Shh, I'm aware that elemental magic technically counts as black magic, but I say it's elemental magic.  Also, I'm not sure where Gravity fits in.  I suppose it's technically dark, but it's use in KH in general throws me off.)

Yeah, okay, so I realize now (as KKBeckett points it out) that Leon basically got knocked out during the ends of the last TWO Sorceress battles.  Granted, Edea was trying to specifically kill him.  Adel was just trying to kill them all.  Zell passed out, too.  Anyway, yeah, Rinoa saves his life the first time, and Quistis gets him with a good Curaga during the second one.  Meanwhile, Rinoa's angrily throwing magic at Adel until she dies.

And then Rinoa passes out.  Which is a thing that happens when you absorb another Sorceress' powers.  In my canon, that is.

Review Responses:
archsage from ch21, I PMed you about that one, because that answer is highly spoilerish.

archsage from ch22, go ahead and beat FFVII first since you have it on steam.  But FFVIII is pretty fun (in my opinion).  Though, I will grant the story can be a tad confusing.

KKBeckett: I'm glad you think Rinoa's sassy!

archsage from Can't Escape ch61: congrats on being review 200! And I can't really tell you who's going to meet up first.  (i mean, i know, just spoilers.)  I mean, just on rar's end, we have an emotionally unstable Riku and a darkness-ridden Sora.  Should be fun either way!

And now for a video: (more VOCALOID stuff)


No comments:

Post a Comment