Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Aftermath of the Fight (20)

(with Genesis)

Link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/20/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the livetumbl: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch20/chrono

It's been a while since I wrote this one, so gimme a sec to gather my thoughts...

Ah yes, this was one of the chapter that came together as I was writing the fic, not when I was simply outlining.  Because, the only thing on the outline is that Aerith's making herself a staff and practicing Holy magic.

Which turned into something much more when I fleshed it out.  Sure, Aerith's fashioning her staff, but she's nowhere near practicing Holy magic (though, I did make reference to her wanting to learn it, it's just that's chapter 29 and she's on chapter 4).  (Fun fact, I labelled the chapter numbers by viewing all the different white magic spells on the ffwiki.)

Of course, I knew that Zack and Angeal would end up at Aerith's place, given how Zack's response to someone being super injured is to take them to Aerith.  Yup.  It will come up again.  Heh.  This was that coming to fruition.

And of course, at some point, someone (this time it's Angeal) has to take their shirt off so Aerith can heal a gaping wound on their chest or back.  (This isn't really a running thing with the games, but rar and I have it in our fics where it's a thing.  *coughcoughRikucoughcough*)

And no, she hasn't bashed any Heartless on the head (yet) with her staff, but trust me, it will come.

Also, headcanon, she has a library.

I wasn't sure what picture to use, because I couldn't find one that I wanted... but here's one of Angeal and Genesis that I think is really cool...  It's by ~koroe on dA.

I think it's a bit tragic that Aerith tries to see if she can fix the degradation, but her magic can't do anything about that, and Angeal knows.  And Zack secretly wishes that Aerith could just fix it, but he knows that she can't and so he doesn't say anything about it because he doesn't want to put a strain on his and her relationship.

I did make a happy reference to Crisis Core with Angeal saying that Zack is lucky that his life is more important than Angeal's sword.  I really loved that line in the game and was rather eager to include it.

Also, Aerith's thought process when Zack is recounting how he let Genesis live, but did still stab him in the shoulder is a reference to Firefly, where Mal is talking about how he's a good man for not killing the man he's dueling (I forget the episode, but it's an early one).  However, then he stabs the man again and says that "well, at least I'm okay", or something to that sort.  That's what I was thinking of when I wrote that.  Hush, it might be a stretch, but it's a connection that my mind made.

That's all I really have to say about the chapter.

Review Responses:
KKBeckett, that's spoilers :P  You'll find out.

Video:


No comments:

Post a Comment