Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rinoa's Inner Fight (26)

Well, I'm not behind on homework anymore.  But I'm certainly not ahead either.  Oi.

Anyway, link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/26/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the tumbl: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch26/chrono/

So, once again, I've got a chapter that's split up into four sections.  The FFVIII arc takes up half of it, then I have Denzel's birth slid in as well as the ending sequence involving Lea and Isa (now Axel and Saix.)

I do feel bad for Zell, because he's kind of just standing there awkwardly while everyone else figures out their next move.  Laguna's super apologetic after what happened and he wants to make it up to Leon and Leon's just like "go away, I never liked you anyway."

So, this is where I start being super mean to Rinoa though.  Originally, Ultimecia was supposed to come and absorb Adel's powers before Rinoa could get to them.  This would then of course spurn a ton of "oh crap, we have to kill her before she kills us all now!" But as I was writing, I got to thinking that I liked the idea of Adel trying to make Rinoa a vessel again.  I thought "oh crap, that's mean", but I just couldn't resist! Once I had it worked out, I was super in love with the idea, so it stuck.  It spawned this in my outline:

"Before they even leave Esthar, Rinoa suddenly loses control of the second set of Sorceress' powers.  Adel's consciousness overpowers her and Rinoa is essentially possessed by Adel.  She starts destroying Esthar.  Esthar police come and lock Rinoa up in the containment facility."

So, yup, that happened.

Outside of that, I decided to give the chapter with Denzel's birth as a marker for where we are in the timeline, more than anything else.

by ~G-a-t-i-n-h-a on dA
Same thing goes for Lea and Isa.  Though, they have a little bit more plot involved.  This marks when they're found by the organization, specifically Xigbar.  I also tried to show Lea's apprehension about the whole thing.  Lea and Isa's friendship is still intact though, at this point.  For now, at least.

Anyway, let's do review responses.

archsage from chapter 25: Yes.  Oh dear is right.

From chapter 26: I'm glad you're finding things to be getting more and more interesting.  To answer your question about locations of other people: Marlene isn't born yet, Vincent and the others are around.  (I know, so specific, huh?) Other than that, no, I haven't read that particular fic, maybe I will when I get a chance.

KKBeckett: Yes, Leon would really like it if Laguna stopped helping.  Not that that's going to happen anytime soon.  And, yeah, Axel's a little over it all.

Anyway, this video is just for fun and giggles.  There was a post on tumblr that highlighted the piece of music (one that my cello teacher had hanging on her wall for laughs).  My friend (who doesn't play music) was talking about how that should be possible.  But... it's not.  It's just... not.  Not for one person playing everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment