Thursday, September 12, 2013

Quiet after the Fight (23)

(So, going with the fight theme, despite there not really being a fight in this chapter, I got lucky there was a fight earlier in Traverse Town.  (Obviously, I don't plan the blog titles as I'm writing the chapters.)  However, 'fighting' is a very prevalent theme in this current section of chapters.)

Convenient link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/23/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the very not exciting livetumbl for this chapter: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch23

by ~bunbun-da-bunni on dA
Basically, the only thing that I liveblogged was that I hit 50K.  (Officially novel length!) And the Zerith chapter is just so adorable that I didn't blog anything about it because I was too busy dying of cuteness.

So... yeah.

Basically, I wasn't really sure initially what was going to go on in this chapter, I just knew that Zack would be visiting (as he does occasionally) and he and Aerith would go do something.  I also made reference to the fact that they write, because all throughout this, the two of them are writing.  Aerith is also keeping in contact with Leon. So, yeah.

But somewhere in there, the Zerith feels took over and it was adorable.

This also marks the point at which Zack occasionally takes Aerith out for an afternoon or an evening and shows her exciting or pretty sights.  He's usually pretty good about not taking her places where Heartless will ruin their plans.

I also mention here that Zack shows up in Fifth District.  In the future, he'll start showing up right outside the hotel again.  It becomes a habit.  See if you can spot why.  (Look in future chapters, or start guessing, I'm game for guessing!)

So, um, yeah, let's do Review Responses.

From SpiritDreamWarriors: Yes! Zack and Aerith are adorably romantic! However, I can't tell you what happened to Cloud just yet.  You'll see in upcoming chapters.

From archsage: I will admit outright that writing for Yuffie is hard.  She's just at an odd age that isn't full of the childlike innocence that we got in Kairi, but she's also not old enough to be a reliable narrator.  I will get a Yuffie chapter in here eventually, however, promise!

From KKBeckett: No, Genesis is not responsible for the darkness.  Ansem is.  No one recognizes it yet, however.  Yes, those are Emblem Heartless.  They're a thing now!  And, Zack and Aerith ended up on the shores above Atlantica (aka, Prince Eric's castle.)

For your other comment, I'm going to go on a little bit of a spew about...

It's so weird to me that Leon's gone for as long as he is! I never intended him to be gone for so long, but to properly incorporate the FFVIII arc, it got stretched out over a span of a couple of years.  Which means Leon is absent from Traverse Town for a couple of years.  It is WEIRD.  Let me tell you.  What's also weird, is that Zack and Cloud haven't met yet.  I mean, I took individual plot lines from Crisis Core and put them in a completely different order... but Zack hasn't met Cloud yet and that's ALSO weird to me.  (I may have several other conniptions about this later, just wait.)

But for now, that's all.  Have a video! (This is not the one I had next in my blog video queue, but it's quite the gem...)





1 comment: