Sunday, August 4, 2013

Zack Feels (Prequel Ch7)

What's funny, is this particular chapter didn't even give me that many Zack feels.  But the Zack plot arc as a whole gives me a lot of them.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/7/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

by *chibiasta on dA. (she does a lot of
cute FFVII art if you want to check
it out!)
I knew from the beginning that Zack was going to meet Angeal shortly after he was out on his own (past Olympus Coliseum) and they were going to become fast-friends.  Granted, that friendship isn't quite there in this chapter, but it will grow.

Originally, it was just going to be that Angeal was going to agree to help Zack become a better fighter and keep Zack from falling into the darkness.  (I was going off of Zack's dealings with Hades back in Olympus.)  However, I later nixed the darkness idea, figuring I have enough people dealing with it and Zack doesn't need to be one of them.  Zack can have an awareness, sure, but struggling with it? Nah.

Then the Genesis plot arc merged in.  I wasn't sure, initially, if I was going to include Genesis, because I've heard he can be a pain to write for.  (He is, I have future chapters that include him).  But I wanted to include him nonetheless.  Genesis was how I explained the black feather at the end of the Birth By Sleep secret ending.  Genesis is, I believe, the only person in Crisis Core to have black wings? I could be wrong... I totally could be wrong... I haven't actually FINISHED Crisis Core (kill me later, I literally am working on it.)  However, it made for a convenient person, and then Genesis morphed into a villain for Zack, kinda like he's a major antagonist in Crisis Core (though, it's still mostly Hojo's fault, but whatever).

So, this chapter was born out of those facts, basically.  And I really do like how it turned out, actually.

I even livetumbld it a little....  http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch7/chrono

Though, I warn you, there's only a couple posts there.  I got into the livetumbling swing in later chapters.  Though, I periodically drop out of said habit.  *shrug*

So, Review Responses:

KKBeckett: You're in for a wild ride with the Genesis arc, it's a feelsy one :P  And I'm glad you like my Angeal inclusion.  Also, Zack's just awesome.

And, as usual, have a video :)


Because I love the Piano Guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment