Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Rinoa versus the Growing Darkness (ch11)

Hello again! So as I said in the chapter, this happens roughly the same time as chapter 10.  Just on a completely different world.  The thing that is similar about them is the fact that both worlds have growing Heartless problems, yay!

Link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/11/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the livetumbl: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch11/chrono

As you can tell from the livetumbl, there's another chapter that happens at the same time as these past two, which will get posted in the next day or so.  It's very exciting, the plot is picking up tremendously.  I'm excited for the next things to happen.  So I hope that translates well and you guys can all pick up on that excitement.

Anyway, so things I have to say on this chapter!

I knew from when I first outlined this all, that the world Rinoa, Quistis, and Zell were on was in trouble.  Heartless, they do this nasty thing where they go searching for a world's heart and end up throwing into darkness, yeah? And it's a problem.  Quistis and Rinoa have both seen it.  Quistis has been researching it since a couple of chapters ago.  Though she's really only been looking in the Balamb area because that's all she's had jurisdiction for.  But she knows from the other Gardens that there are issues worldwide.  But Rinoa's appearance merely proves that the problems are worldwide and so they end up at Cid's desk.

by ~Jessami on dA
As for Rinoa, she's been waffling on whether or not she wants SeeD help.  But the increase of Heartless and the continued foiled plans as far as the Forest Owls go prove to her that she should go get SeeD help.  And so she begins her quest.

Meanwhile, Cid's got other issues.  Cid's wife (not spoilers) has gone crazy and is using the Heartless to her advantage.  Much like Maleficent.  It's super great, not.  And he has no idea how to deal with it.  He knows how to deal with Sorceresses, but Sorceresses surrounded by darkness? Not so much.  Hence the star shard, and telling Quistis, Rinoa, and Zell to find someone who CAN deal with the darkness.  Naturally, Quistis is skeptical, and Rinoa's not too far behind her, but Zell thinks it's a great idea and ends up taking them all... somewhere.  You'll see in a few chapters.

A lot of this ended up falling into place as I was writing it.  The entire FFVIII story line is more or less falling into place as I'm writing it.  I knew from the beginning that a modified version would happen, I just had no idea I would end up going so in depth on it.  You'll see.  It's exciting, in my opinion.

And that's actually all I've got for you.  There's other stuff I want to say, but I need a few more chapters to get posted before I can go in-depth on it.


The above video is awesome.  I want to be able to sign it sometime.  That gets filed under the "eventually" category.


No comments:

Post a Comment