Monday, August 12, 2013

Tifa versus Cloud's pipe-dream (ch10)

Hello everyone again!

Convenient link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/10/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the livetumbl (which has some pretty amusing stuff): http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch10/chrono
{Note, the post that says that Cloud and Tifa are 12 and 13 is incorrect, they should be 13 and 14.}

I did have a lot of fun writing this chapter.  I got to explore the characters of Cloud and Tifa and I got super excited when I realized that Cloud didn't have to be mopey.  I mean, sure, he was mopey in the last chapter he was in, but that's when he felt like he was stuck.  Now, he feels like he's working towards something, so he's happier.  And Tifa's happier.

by ~TheDutchesse on dA
Unfortunately, just when Tifa thinks things are looking up, Cloud goes and puts a downer on it by saying he still wants to leave.  Hence the "Tifa versus Cloud's pipe-dream".  Though, even Tifa admits that it's something that's sounding more and more likely.  And she doesn't like it.

Tifa would really just like Cloud to stay, or to be able to go with Cloud.  She knows the first one is hardly possible, and the second is hardly likely either.  And it's upsetting to her.  Because she really likes Cloud.

Then there's the second half of the chapter.  Where Tifa's speaking with her teacher, Zangan.  Not much is really known about Zangan, even from the games themselves, so I'm kind of building my own character for him off of what I do know.  He basically turned into that person who just knows everything and is an "old wizard" or "helpful mentor" of sorts.  Heh, like Leon and Aerith end up being in KH, in my opinion.

So yeah, there's lots of talk of darkness.  And I spewed a LOT of stuff from KH1, as the livetumbl will tell you.  And then there was the stuff that he started spewing that I picked up from Hapkido and other things I learned from my Hapkido instructor.  Yup.

As far as review responses go, yes, KKBeckett, that was a Star Wars reference.  I was wondering if anyone would catch that.  Also, it's worth hoping for, but I'm not guaranteeing anything as far as how it actually works out for Tifa and Cloud.

Um, so yeah.  That's all I've got for you.  That, and this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment