Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Yuffie versus Everyone Else (ch14)

Poor thing, she just wants to be with people that she likes!

Link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/14/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the livetumbl: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch14/chrono

So, yeah, this chapter begun because I'm orchestrating multiple plotlines at once and they're all going to intersect for a moment and I needed a chapter like this to enable that.  Yuffie somehow ends up in the middle of it all.

Writing for Yuffie is fun, but I think she's one of the people I probably can't do a full chapter from just yet.  Child voices are a lot harder than adult voices, but I can get a chapter snippet from Yuffie just fine.  Yuffie can be summed up this entire chapter as just wanting to be with Aerith and Zack.  And... yeah.

And Cid's not really paying attention to any of it all, because he's learning about star shards and stuff and he wants to know more about travel and Zack's helping him in more ways than one, and so he's got his nose in a book.

And Leon's just like... "Was I this bad?" "How could you let her get out?" "Cid, why are you making me do this? You're the adult here?" "Ugh."  Typical Leon stuff.

And then I did a chapter snippet from Zell, because I don't use his voice very often.  He's kind of hard to write for though, in my opinion.  So, I'll probably stick to chapter snippets for him, if I'm being completely honest.  But, yeah, Zell was very impulsive with that star shard a couple of chapters ago.  And now they've all arrived in Traverse Town and who do they run into? Yuffie.

by ~KitKatChan on dA
Yuffie, in typical Yuffie fashion, gives them trouble up until the Heartless show up, then everyone's just focused on fighting the Heartless.  And Zell and co. are all rather surprised by the fact Yuffie's good at killing Heartless.

And then Leon makes an epic entry.  Heheh.  It's super epic in my head, because Leon's super angry at Yuffie for running off, and then frustrated that Heartless are involved, because he doesn't want Yuffie getting hurt, even though most of him knows she can take care of herself, but then he's still frustrated that she even got herself into a situation like this.  And then there are other people involved and... so he's angry and fierce and the perfect image of the hero that Rinoa, Qusitis, and Zell are looking for.  Heheh.

And then I had a chapter snippet with Kairi.  I like doing stuff with Kairi periodically so as to keep track of where she is in her life compared to everyone else.  I probably won't do a full chapter with her, either.  Not only because she's young (though, that's a main reason, same with Yuffie) but because she's not really the focus of this story.  The focus is the Final Fantasy characters.  So, yeah.

Review Responses

Yes, KKBeckett, Yuffie has a boomerang.  It's actually one of her weapons from FFVII.  I needed something for a younger Yuffie that wasn't a full-blown Shuriken yet, but still serious enough for Heartless killing.  But hey, Lea used frisbees on Unversed.  And no, Zack and Aerith aren't going to have typical teenage relationship drama and thus there would be no instance for him to pour tea down Zack's shirt.  Though, their facial expressions in my head are amusing.

Anywho, expect another chapter tomorrow everyone! It'll be fun!


Totally a Squinoa vid and I'm not even shipping them yet in my story.  But it's a Squinoa vid :P

No comments:

Post a Comment