Friday, August 16, 2013

Aerith versus a Falling Zack (ch12)

Not that the two of them are actually fighting, but Zack certainly did change her whole day (life) around.

Link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/12/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Link to the livetumbl: http://magiksbrain.tumblr.com/tagged/ch12/chrono

by ~TheFresco on dA
And, onto my happy feels about this chapter! Because trust me, I have happy feels about this chapter.  Mostly because of Zerith.  I love Zerith.  One of the driving forces behind me even writing this darn prequel was because of ZERITH.  I get to play with them! And they can meet, and fall in love, and NOT DIE SO YOUNG.  HA.

Not that Zack and Aerith have a COMPLETELY happy life.  Trust me... I'm not that nice of a writer.  Besides, they turn into such interesting people by Betwixt and Between that they've gotta have some hardships under their belts.

I'm really happy with the way this chapter turned out.  Zack landed in Traverse Town and he and Aerith ended up on a little 'date' like substance.  It's not really a date, that'll happen later.  But it's the beginning of Zerith, make note of that!

Wow, I'm having problems articulating this blog post because of the large amount of Zerith feels.  Well then.  Erm, so... I guess I'll just move on to Review Responses and then probably say more as more pops into my head.

So, from SpiritDreamWarriors:
Glad you like it so far! I promise I will definitely keep this up! Zerith won't happen in every chapter, but it will happen all throughout this entire story.  Promise.

From KKBeckett:
Yes, Zack does have a habit of 'falling' in on Aerith.  It seems to be a theme with the Compilation.  So I figured I'd incorporate it.  And, yes, Zack is very forward.  He practically offers a date to every girl he meets, but with Aerith, it's a bit different.  He doesn't phrase it as a date, and she's also the first one who agrees to go with him.  Again, not that this is actually a 'date' lol.  Though, I suppose it depends on what you define 'date' as, considering how Zack does end up paying.  Anyway, I will write more! You'll see!

To expound upon my livetumbl a bit, I apparently had trouble placing this set of chapters.  And by set, I mean 6 of them.  You've now seen three.  I had it worked out to where it would be Tifa, Rinoa, Aerith, Zack, Leon, Cloud.  And I liked that order.  Then, somewhere in there, I realized that the chronological order was Tifa, Aerith, Rinoa, Zack, Leon, Cloud... with Aerith and Rinoa's chapters flipped.  I even wrote them in that order, but I thought I was just mixing things up.  So I flopped them back.

Only to realize that by the time I was posting them all, Aerith's chapter does actually come before Rinoa's.  Oh well.  It doesn't really matter.

My obvious reference was the church, if any of you were wondering.  Aerith and churches just have this connection and I felt like including that image.

The irony is that Zack and Aerith were in Radiant Garden at the same time at one point and never saw each other.  Rather, Zack ran into Kairi--who told him about star shards.  Which then led to Kairi's grandmother wondering where Kairi had even heard of star shards, so she ended up going and asking Aerith, who had never heard of them.  And... yeah.  Irony.

I think, at one point, I had considered Zack running into Aerith in Radiant Garden before going off and buying the star shard.  Except Aerith couldn't tell him what a star shard was because I'd already established that she didn't know (Kairi did a Princess of Heart thing, tbh).  And, aside from that, I wasn't sure how to even orchestrate the scene.  So it got scrapped.  I then tried again to have Kairi run up to Aerith at the end of that chapter and Aerith see Zack as he walked away and wonder who he was, except I was in the wrong POV for that to work properly and I didn't want to change it, considering I liked the chapter Kairi had given me.  So... that got scrapped to.

But it's fine, because Zack and Aerith meet here, and they're adorable.  And that's all that matters.


This is actually a video made by rarmaster.  As usual, it has nothing to do with the chapter I've posted.  And if you want to know what's going on in the vid, click to go to YouTube and read the description.  Because it has a storyline.  Anywho.  That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment