Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Unwanted Mission (Prequel Ch6)

Convenient link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/6/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before


I don't think I had originally anticipated sending Rinoa off on a mission to spy on her father, it just sort of happened.  I think I decided it would be an ironic situation and I went with it.

I hope that I accurately reflected Rinoa's initial panic on being told to go spy on her father, and then her maturity when she realizes that, despite all that, she's actually the best one for the mission and she's not going to let the Timber Owls down.

I had planned that Rinoa would start losing her magical abilities.  You'll see why later.  I can't say why now because spoilers.  I knew that she'd be living in Timber, making her way in life without revealing herself as a Sorceress, which admittedly gets easier when she has less magic to draw on.

I actually don't have too much to say about this chapter, honestly.

I remember having trouble writing it.  I actually started both this chapter and the chapter after it simultaneously and got stuck on both.  Not fun.  But, I finally got the inspiration for this chapter and finished it!

Picture on the right by *procerdecrepusculum on DeviantArt.  He does a lot of good art, you should go check it out.

Review Responses:

Just the one from KKBeckett: I'm really glad you liked the development of both Rinoa and the world!

Video:


I have a newfound obsession with this song.  It's the cellist in me. You should check out the Piano Guys altogether, however, because they're awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment