Saturday, November 9, 2013

Whoa, chapter 50 (Prequel)

Chapter

Tumbl

Not quite sure when this happened, but it just came up and I was like "let's do cutesey letters for that."  Except Rinoa's isn't as cute.  *frowns at Rinoa*  Oh well.

I remember very distinctly avoiding my homework as I wrote this chapter.  I was writing it as the Magical Mirari concert (Vocaloid) concert played in the background.  Yep.  What a good homework-doer I am.  Not.  I think it's 'cause my homework is never actually done until the end of the semester.  Sure, I only have class twice a week, but that means that I have to be responsible and really can't do everything the night before.  

But I digress.  


Honestly, I think Zack's letter is the most adorable out of the four.  Sure, he opens it with talking aboutfinding Cloud outside of CO, but the whole part where he makes the funny face and then hopes that Aerith laughs about it? Yeah.  That part still gets me.  

And then there's the part of Aerith's letter where she talks about the sky and pretends that Zack is there with her.  Yep.  Adorable.  Gosh, Zerith like... (I ship them so hard...)

Leon's is adorable because he's awkward.  "I just left but I miss you, and I want to write a letter... now I don't know how to end a letter..."

And Rinoa just lets him be awkward and thinks it's cute. Meanwhile, she's like detailing her life and I'm like... what happened to the cute? Oh well. 

But, I think it makes a happy chapter 50.  I considered for a bit trying to stall and have Leon's return to Traverse Town be chapter 50, but I didn't want to stall, so I didn't bother.  The letters ended up working out okay, though.

This is also sort of the next sort of "chapter" in the fic in the sense that it's where Aerith and Leon are in Traverse Town, missing their person, but Zack and Cloud are out in the Worlds and Cloud doesn't want to be around people. And Rinoa's off training.  So Leon and Aerith are just sitting in Traverse Town, dealing with Heartless and knowing exactly how the other is feeling.  

So, the letters that I'm throwing in here are of my own creation (clearly.)  Mostly done in paint with fun fonts (the fonts are the reason why I do it, honestly, I love picking out fonts for characters, but it's something that fanfic totally doesn't show, which is why I mess around with the bold and italics.)  But anyway, I wanted to do like a single 4x4 picture of all the letters, but it just wasn't working out and I lost patience, so yay individual letters!

Anyway, I think that's all I really have to say about the chapter itself, the cuteness mostly speaks for itself.  

Stay tuned, there's still a couple more chapters in the Crossover, and then I think rar's got a treat for all of you once that is over.  I think, possibly.

As soon as I'm done with this, I'm going to go flood the tumblr with some more spoilers of book 3.  I aim to do one a day and I keep forgetting.  *facepalm*

Nano's going well :)

Have some more teaser quotes though for the Prequel!



"Oh my, what happened?"
"Cannon backfired."
"How bad?"
"I can fix it."

"Yeh don' wanna give wha' we've got another shot? The lasers jus' need teh be calibrated."

"Hello, Yuffie.  What took you so long?"
"I...uh...was killing Heartless."
"Where were they?"
"First District."
"Hmm..."

"Yuffie hasn't been playing in the fountain, has she?"
"You don't think she's fallen in again?"
"Again?"
"Yes. Again."

"You can't be afraid that you're going to hurt people forever."

And... now have some Disney Feels... (at least it gives me feels)


No comments:

Post a Comment