Thursday, November 28, 2013

Some more family feels! (ch56)

I've given you family feels before, haven't I? If not, I'm surprised.  Rar's been handing them out like candy.

Chapter

Tumblr

Also, I hit 100 Reviews! (I'm at 102 right now.)  Woot!

So this chapter is a conglomeration of several things.  First of all, we've got Marlene's birth, which we're in Barret's POV for.  That was fun.

by TaoPaint
Then we've got Tifa's search for Cloud.  And Tifa can use light corridors, which I'm surprised none of you said anything about.  But maybe it's not all that cool.  Which is fine, it doesn't have to be, I just expected someone to say something.  Ah well.  But regardless, Tifa can use light corridors because she's A) a freaking strong-willed person and B) her heart's got enough light in it to manage.  So, yeah.  Fun times!

And then we have the family feels.

See, I knew that Zack and Cloud would end up visiting Traverse Town anyway.  Cloud was going to be super uneasy about the whole deal, because he doesn't like to be around people, but Zack insists that everything will be fine because the people they're around can totally handle weird things.  Originally, this would have been where Cloud told Zack that he had been in the Realm of Darkness (because I'd intended for him to keep that a secret, but he ended up sharing that on their first meeting, so okay then.)  Regardless, even if that conversation had happened around here instead of several chapters ago, Zack still would have insisted that Cloud had nothing to worry about and they'd all help him out.

I thought Cloud was going to throw up a huge panic regarding going and being around people, and I was like, perhaps I'll have to knock him unconscious? Is Zack going to bring someone else to Aerith for healing? But, as it turns out, Cloud is a big boy and sucks up his own worries for a bit so that Zack can visit his girlfriend.  Classic case of characters not behaving in a way in which the author planned.  Because Zack introduces Cloud to the gang and Cloud's welcomed beautifully.

Then we've got the section with Merlin, which ended up tying into the family feels.  I knew Merlin was going to move into Traverse Town right about now, so I inserted him into the chapter.  What ended up happening, was he got caught up in an argument regarding family.  Because Blake is a real person who may or may not have helped Yuffie out with the Heartless occasionally, so she threw out the name as a cover for spending time in her secret hideout.  When she tries to make her cover more real, Blake does the typical thing and says that they weren't really friends so she should back off, but then he also takes things a step too far and insults their family.  (Originally, it was just going to be him insulting Aerith, but it turned into insulting the whole family because it flowed better and I ended up liking where that went.)  But poor Merlin, who gets completely sucked into the whole thing...

But then there's some Cloud and Yuffie bonding, which is super nice! Because... well... idk, people bonding with Yuffie is nice.  She's still kinda young.  And she still lies slightly pathologically (minus to Aerith, if we're not counting the secret tunnel thing.)  But she grows out of that.  I swear.  She's still ornery, but she gets better.

Quick Review Responses:

SpiritDreamWarriors: Of course I shall continue! I'm a little slow at the moment, but I hope to make up for lost time over the holiday.

archsage: Yes! Family is about so much more.  Anyway, I'm not really too into RWBY, but I have seen Dead Fantasy!

KKBeckett: I appreciate your mafia reference.  Also, yes, Tifa's basically just following Cloud around at every world he's been in since coming back from the Realm of Darkness.  Because he's with Zack, he's been to a lot of Worlds.

Anyway, I should be a person and go to bed... so... have some teaser quotes real quick!

"I want to go somewhere, just for a bit.  To see the sights! I'm not weak, I know how to take care of myself. However, you're the one with the star shard."

"I'll stay here and..."
"Take care of Yuffie?"
"No, make sure she doesn't follow you."

"I do want to know why you're doing this."
"Practice.  Training.  Something like that."
"You're bored, aren't you?"

"Why aren't they're any Keyblade Wielders around?"
"They've all but disappeared.  Something's happened and the Worlds have gone dark."

"Who are you writing to?"
"Zack."
"Are you writing mushy stuff?"
"Maybe just a little."
"Ew."

And then... well... good music!




No comments:

Post a Comment