Thursday, November 7, 2013

Zack and Cloud (Prequel Ch49)

Chapter

Tumblr

Wow, my original outline for this is completely unhelpful for this.  Literally, it's like "they're both loners who want to travel" "Zack remembers Aerith telling him to find a travelling buddy" "Cloud agrees hoping that a buddy will keep his darkness in check"

by SantaFung on dA
Which, while yes, all of those things happen... my original notes are super unhelpful.

Writing the chapter itself was very fun. I love these two goofballs.

I was having a conniption a while ago because Zack and Cloud hadn't met each other yet... but now they have! And I felt like throwing in all the Crisis Core references that I could as I wrote it.  The bit where Cloud saves Zack from a monster (granted, he does this with a gun in the game) is something I'm fairly certain comes from the DMW.  But the scene technically happens in Modeoheim.  The scene where Cloud lacks money (munny) and Zack agrees to cover originates from a similar scene in Junon (except in that scene in the game, Cloud is also super airsick.  Good thing he gets over that.)  And then the third one, where they're talking about being country boys, that comes from the Modeoheim trip, too.  But yeah, all the brotp Zack/Cloud feels.

Plus, Cloud's just giving me feels because he's freaking haunted right now and it's all the darkness' fault.  Sigh. I could say it's Xehanort's fault... but that is a very very indirect thing.  Heheh.

But yeah, now they can be friends and it's awesome!!

Okay, now for some more teaser quotes because I super like doing that at the moment:

"Why would you bring me here? Why would you ever bring me back here?"

"It's all Shinra's fault, too!"

"Hey, that's my sword."

"Does he have super strength or something?"

"Writing to Zack?"
"No.  Rinoa."
"Uh..."
"I wrote a letter to Zack this morning ... Now I'm writing a letter to Rinoa.  You said that I could."
"Well, yeah, I just..."
"You writing one too?"
"Yeah..."
"Rinoa should be happy she's getting so much mail!"

And because of my obsession with VOCALOID videos...



No comments:

Post a Comment