Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Introducing Zack Fair (Prequel Ch4)

More or less :P

Link to chapter!: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/1/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

So, again, all I knew when I started Zack's story was that he had been travelling around for about a year.  As I said in the author's note of the fic itself, this takes up right at the end of Birth By Sleep's secret ending.  And that is probably the most definitive time line-up you'll ever get for this fic, considering the time between BBS and KH1 is all wishy-washy and timey-whimey.  (Like the connection between my universe and rar's universe... heh)

by chibipasta
Then I went into a little bit of Zack's backstory, trying to explain why he was out and about and also a bit on how he was out an about.  (The how will continue to get explained in a future chapter with Zack).  Then the interesting parallelism between Hercules and Zack and how they're both striving to become something in order to be welcomed back home.  (Spoiler alert, neither of them actually gets what they're going for, but instead finds something better.) (Not that I'm following Herc's story, but if you pay attention to the Disney version, you'll see what I'm getting at.)

Meg getting a cameo was a given.  I went off of some of her lines from the original Disney movie.  Granted, instead of some weird horse-dude, she was trapped by an Unversed, but whatever.  It was amusing.

I'm not sure what made me decide to give Aladdin a cameo.  I'm not even sure why I decided Agrabah.  I might have done the thing where I click "random page" on the wiki and take the first applicable world.  It happens sometimes.  (A lot of times.)  But yeah, Aladdin got a cameo.

Timeline-wise, we're getting to the end of the Unversed being around.  Vanitas has been destroyed by this point, so the Unversed will stop appearing.  Heartless, however, will begin to appear.  Muahahaha!

But yeah.

Review Responses:

Chapter 1:
WritersProse: I'm glad you liked it! And thank you for your kind words about characterization! I really do try! (And I say that in a very non-facetious manner).  I suppose that is a bit of an odd chapter ending.  I'll take that into account for the future.

Chapter 4:
KKBeckett: That was totally Meg.  As for the feathers, spoilers! Wait till the next chapter or two with Zack.  You'll see :)

Video time! (excuse me while I scroll through my YouTube history for a bit, I've been listening to FFVII and FFVIII soundtracks.)


Excuse me while I get that all in your heads.  Muahahaha. KH is surprisingly lacking of obnoxious ice worlds now that I think of it.  Interesting.  (My DnD game is ENTIRELY an obnoxious ice world.  Oi.)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, it's WritersProse! I'm probably going to end up following your blog here, as I really haven't found a whole lot of 'writer blogs' online that I've gotten into and I really like your style. Separating it into 'fan-fiction' and 'original work' is particularly awesome.

    Anyways, thanks for the review response. Twas very cool of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free! I try to respond to every review. I like to do it on here so that way if one person asks a question, I can answer it somewhere that everyone can see, rather than a PM on fanfiction.

      Delete