Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Quiet Story (Prequel Ch3)

It's been quiet as far as reviews go, I hope I haven't offended anyone... If I have, PM me and let me know.... *nervous glance*

Well, here's a convenient link to the chapter anyway: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/3/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Well, I've sent out two queries since last week.  No responses yet, but this stuff can take up to two months anyway.  Probably going to send out another one this weekend.  But you guys probably aren't here for that.  (Or, well, maybe you are, I know I've got three readers of my fanfics who also read my book, so.)  But anyway, this is about the latest chapter.

Quistis isn't my favorite character in the world (heh, almost said Worlds), but I really do like her.  I must, considering she made a cameo at the end of AtP and continued on through BB and now I'm writing about her in the prequel.  I think my love of Quistis has grown since that very first time playing FFVIII.  I love her even more after this chapter.  She kept giving me feels, as I mentioned to rar.

When starting this, all I knew was that Quistis was a SeeD at Balamb Garden with Zell.  I then had to do a ton of reading on the ffwiki to remember everything about her because it's been a while since I've played the game and I'm not particularly in a position to pick it up and play it.  (My copy isn't with me.  Though, random fact, my roommate has one.  However, I basically re-read the entire plot of FFVIII anyway, and I don't have the time devotion to play again, honestly.  Before I even wrote this chapter I plotted out how FFVIII happened in my canon, you'll get to see how some of that plays out.)
cosplay by TLM123

I had already established that Quistis was the one sent to recruit Rinoa.  It wasn't much of a stretch to figure out that she wasn't going to put up with Rinoa's dad's bull crap.  Sure, this is vastly different from the original game, but I've already breached into my own canon by accepting that Squall is in Hollow Bastion and not in Balamb Garden.

Also, apparently Quistis and Zell are fairly okay friends.  I think the biggest thing in between their friendship is rank.  Quistis is unsure of how to treat Zell because she's SeeD and he's still only a cadet, but.  Yeah.  (Also, if my SeeD terminology is confusing or wrong, I apologize, I'm confused by it, to be completely honest, so I'm trying to be specific and consistent.)

Anyway, not much else to say about it that isn't just rehashing the entire chapter.  Everything else I want to say is spoilers.  Next round of chapters.

Excellent cosplay up there, by the way.  Moving on.

Review Responses:

KKBeckett: To your first question, spoilers.  However, Cid is acting nervous because Edea is a Sorceress.  Last time Cid checked, the only way new Sorceresses started popping up is if a previous Sorceress died.  He has to hope that it's not Edea that died and he hadn't gotten news yet.  Honestly, that's why he's nervous.  It has nothing to do with scary Sorceresses.

So, yeah, that's all for now.

Video!


I am in love with this song right now.  Particularly this cover.  Anyway.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment