Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New Chapter! (Prequel ch2)

Hey! I posted a new chapter, just in case you missed it! (I only have one review so far, so...)

Convenient link! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/2/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

Crazy stuff, writing this will working on query letters for my book.  I'll have a post on my other blog about that in the next couple days.  (Hopefully after my query letter's DONE being written.)  Anywho...

I love Rinoa.  I know she doesn't actually appear in the KH verse and is really only referenced, but I ship Squinoa so hard that I HAD to include her.  Plus, I included her at the end of AtP, so... of course she can make an appearance in my prequel.
art by RinoaWolfheart

At first, when I plotted out for Rinoa to appear in my timeline, all I knew was that she was on her own World, growing up.  Literally, that's all I wrote.  That, and her age.

Somewhere along the lines, I came up with the idea that her dad was trying to send her to a girls' school.  That idea happened so long ago, I don't quite remember where it's even based. (I've been thinking about doing this since I was at Disney, for reference.  That was basically a year ago.)  I know from playing FFVIII that Rinoa and her dad did not get along and that he had unrealistic expectations for her.  So, I figured, why wouldn't he want to send her to an all-girls' school to further his military career?

Meanwhile, all Rinoa wants to do is become SeeD.

But then she uses magic and figures she must be a Sorceress.  Sorceresses are bad in the FFVIII world, after the Sorceress War destroyed so much.  So she freaks out, and runs away.  Plus, she's freaking out because she used magic on her father.  (Whoops! Almost typed magik there.)

On an interesting note, Rinoa's World is a World that has a concept that there are other Worlds out there.  I'll go more into depth on that later.  Rinoa's World also has more interconnected cities than the average KH world.  Her world is set up more like it is in the FF side of Squeenix.  There's a giant world map that features many cities.

Review replies:

I only have one so far, so I guess I'll probably backtrack in my next post.

KKBeckett: Yes, magic does work like that.  Raw magic is something that only Sorceresses can use and Sorceresses are feared BECAUSE they can use such raw magic with little drawbacks.  Everyone else uses para-magic through Junctioning and their Guardian Force (straight out of FFVIII).  But even then, only some people can use para-magic.  (Part of me wants to say it's only SeeD's, but I could be wrong.  And I can't find the page I'm looking for in the ff wiki, so...)

But yes, Quistis is absolutely lovely! Just wait until the next chapter!

I think that's all for now...

Have a video!


Hyruno's amazing.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment