Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Story! (Prequel ch1)

Hello everyone! Likely you're hardly paying attention to this blog anymore, since I've been dark since January.  (However, I seem to have a lot of pageviews over the past couple of days, so maybe you all have been watching it.)  Anyway, I have a new story! It's a prequel for everything, tracing the Final Fantasy charries through... well, snippets of their lives.  (Ugh, I use the word tracing like an English major--I mean, I am an English major, but it sounds super like language for my thesis.  Meh.  University killed my darlings...) ANYWAY!

Convenient link to the chapter: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9446325/1/What-s-all-Gone-on-Before

So, I started off this whole thing with Leon, because I adore him.  I appreciate his character immensely.

As I was initially writing the plans for all this up (which was initially just a huge timeline that I was gonna post on the blog, but then I did a poll and most of you wanted to see it in story form, so here we are) it wasn't that hard for me to determine that Squall, Aerith, Yuffie, Lea, Isa, and Kairi would have all been in Radiant Garden all at the same time.  I figured that people had probably seen others at school, honestly.  Thus the setting for this first snippet was born.

Then, I connected Squall to Cid, which I greatly love what happened with their relationship.  The interactions between the two of them now COMPLETELY set up how Leon can be "Gosh Cid, why don't you just..." one second and "DARNIT CID" the next.  Which brings me to this image:

Art by GaarasGirl86.  The description is lovely.  Check it out: http://gaarasgirl86.deviantart.com/art/Cid-going-to-work-again-67963380

Squall and Cid have a HISTORY now.  And it makes so much more sense for their characters, honestly.

Yes, I am aware that Cid's age doesn't fit into anything.  I've decided he's timey-whimey like Donald's nephews.

General comment, to new readers who find my stories and find plot points/character names/etc that conflict with things brought up in KH3D, keep in mind that I started AtP before KH3D was announced, so many things that were introduced simply do not line up with what I'm writing.  Hence, my canon.  (I say this mostly because of the large amount of reviews I still get saying I should have used names like "Lea", "Isa," and "Braig," instead of "Axel," "Saix," and "Xigbar."

Review Replies:

From ravyncl:  I can definitely say that there will be some pairings going on.  Just you wait and see.

Exodin: I can't say too much about who is going to be interacting with whom.  Spoilers!

Cookie: How long do I think this'll be? Well, hopefully not longer than AtP, and if it DOES get to be the length of BB, then hopefully not as draggy.  (Bleh, kinda embarrassed for that one.)  It will go through Radiant Garden's plunge into darkness, my plan is to take it right up to KH1.  So, ten years to cover.  Ish.  And... um... Ansem's title.  Well shoot, I don't know.  Whatever his title is.  It's such a small detail in my opinion for this story.  *shrug*

In general, I'm glad you guys are enjoying this so far and are waiting to see what comes next! Should have more up soon.

Also, I have a video to share here (I think I'm turning into rar) .  I have an obsession with the song below.  I even can sing it.  (Well, as well as I can hit all the notes that Len sings.  It's disturbing when he can sing higher than me.  I mean, I know why he can, but still!)


And, I think that's all I have for you.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. you have turned into me, with the convenient link to the chapter and, though I haven't shared a video in ages (mainly because I'm lazy)and THAT SONG asldkfj

    ReplyDelete