Thursday, December 5, 2013

What is it like? (61)

Chapter 

Tumbl (this one's also got multiple pages)

So, a bit of info, I have basically finished the Prequel.  Basically.  However, I am nowhere near finishing posting all of it.  I've got nearly 50 chapters left to post.  Which is both scary and exciting at the same time.  I'm trying to keep to a -fairly- regular schedule when it comes to posting, as in, every other day, but even that's a bit timey whimey.  So, don't be surprised if there's a new chapter or two! And I know that because I'm posting so fast, I might lose some of you reviewing on every single chapter, but do still leave reviews!

Also, I have 30 chapters of Book 3, but I won't start posting that yet because I want to wait until the Prequel's all posted.  However, I haven't written anything else for that since after Nano ended (literally, I got 30 chapters in 30 days--61K words, guys!!).  I've been working on essays for class and stuff, though I hope that once I get into the break I can start writing again.  Or maybe making AMVs or drawings and designs or something.  Never fear, I'm still immersed in this universe!

Now that that business information is out of the way, let's start talking about the chapter!

We are basically halfway between BBS and KH1.  (Fun fact, we are LESS than halfway through the TIMELINE of the Prequel, because I'm covering up THROUGH things, not up TO things.  However, we are technically more than halfway through chapter-wise because the second half of the 12ish years goes faster than the first half for whatever reason.)

So anyway, having been 5 years since the plunge of Radiant Garden into darkness, Aerith now wants to go back and see what it's like.  Leon and Cid both insist that this is a bad idea, but Aerith wants an adventure.  They argue, she insists, but they won't go with her.  So she decides that she'll wait for Zack and Rinoa.

And that's basically the chapter, once I've included the parts about them not wanting Yuffie to know what they're planning because while Aerith wants to go see what's left of Radiant Garden, she doesn't want to bring Yuffie along.

by ninappe
Insert slightly unrelated picture of Aerith here.  But it's so adorable! So I wanted to include it!

The part at the end where Aerith starts writing not just letters to Zack, but stories to him? Yeah, that wasn't planned.  She just decided it would be a good idea, so I let her.  It's really cute, actually.  As for Yuffie writing Cloud? Idk.  Yuffie likes Cloud.  I'm beginning to wonder if she actually has a crush on him and I just didn't notice.  Idk...

But no, I'm excited about the Hollow Bastion arc (as I'm affectionately calling it at the moment.  It actually jump-starts another arc with a much more interesting name, but I can't tell you because that's riddled with spoilers!)

The other interesting thing is all the misinformation floating around about the Keyblade.  It exists in canon, too.  Mostly because I think Square wasn't super sure what all they were doing with the Keyblade lore at the time when KH1 came out, so by the time KH2 came out, they were retconning some stuff because the lore expanded and got tweaked.  Anyway, but it's not a huge retcon because it actually would make sense for the FF Gang to simply be missing parts of information because the Keyblade Wielders have all but disappeared! By the time Sora shows up, most of them figure he's the only one around.  Mickey's been hiding it! (I totally blew rar's brain when I told her that!) Anyway, that's fun stuff.

Hmm, I think that's all I've really got for all of you.

Teaser Quotes:

"You're not from around here, are you?"

"To be honest, I'm looking for someone."
"Humor me, who are you looking for?"

"For someone who knows every face in town, why do you live in a hotel?"
"Long story."

"But the letters don't matter now."

"That would be leaving my job."

I think this video is slightly appropriate :P


No comments:

Post a Comment