Thursday, January 1, 2015

Space Paranoids Arc (Chapters 34-40)

This arc was me fixing a lack of continuity between everything else I'd written.  Because I hadn't been terribly clear about what had actually happened to Tron post-AtP.  Especially since I'd done the whole "Tron's been kidnapped by CLU" thing and then I thought I said Cid fixed it, but I was overall really unclear and... yeah.  So here, lemme straighten some things up.

Also, I wanted to play with the idea of Xion in Space Paranoids because of programming stuff and whatnot.  I mean, I didn't do much besides a few glitches here and there due to less-than-100%-compatible programming, but hey, I had a Remnant in need of showing up.  Also, biggest difference between Xion and another program: Xion bleeds.

Meanwhile, I've got some Mickey and Minnie fluff (because any scene with the two of them is some sort of fluff... even if they're beating the crap out of enemies.)  And Mickey gets to do some behind-the-scenes work.  Fun times!

Meanwhile meanwhile, Terra, Aqua, and Ven are in the Badlands.  This is when Ven gets to have some temper problems.  Because, face it, everyone at some point or another is super pissed about Xehanort's existence.  And, it's gotta be annoying since he keeps coming back.  And then he freaking does, right before their eyes.  Like, Sephiroth kills him and he respawns.  And Ven gets to get out some feels, which is good.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Remnant trying to nort Xion sequence.  Because he really thinks he has it here, what with Xion being his puppet in the past.  And he goes for it, and she just stares at him (meanwhile, Roxas is panicking because he thinks that Xion's lack of movement is a bad thing).  But Xion's just like... "dude, what are you even doing? are you trying to take my heart because it's not working." (Granted, her body did go into stasis as a failsafe, but still) Because Namine freaking put in a failsafe! Muahahaha.

 Oh yes, and then I have Leon taking Zack aside and being like "look man, if you love Aerith, then you need to let her know, okay? Because she doesn't want to believe it for fear of getting hurt, and I can't have you hurting my sister-like-person, kay?" And then Zack's like... I need to get Aerith something that is a symbol of our love.  And so that arc begins.

Things I am 100% okay with:
-Denzel learning about the HB family
-Ven, Aqua, Terra working together to fight Xehanort and their command styles blending and recognizing when someone is going to go into a particular style
-Anything Mickey and Minnie
-Motorcycles/light cycles
-Vincent trying to figure out Cloud and Tifa's lives for no other reason than his own curiosity
-Cloud visiting his mother
-Xion casually talking about how Kairi thinks she's going crazy because Xion keeps flickering
-Xion and Roxas fighting with the discs like Axel fights with chakrams
-Roxas using Xion's blade (that whole concept of them being able to summon each other's blades is amazing to me)
-Namine smirking
-The line "Oh please, it doesn't take Riku's sense of smell to recognize your stench."
-The Leon-Zack-Aerith dynamic
-Zerith

No comments:

Post a Comment