Sunday, January 4, 2015

Corona etc (58-68)

I know that the Larxene Sequence happens in here as well, but I'm saving that for another post because it deserves its own post, not to be lumped in with this one.

Granted, the Corona arc isn't a major arc.  The main event is certainly what's going on with Larxene at the same time.  However, Corona is important.

But, before I talk about that, let's talk about Zack and Aerith getting engaged!

It seems like so long ago that Zack ran off to get a symbol for their relationship.  (Who all guess it was going to be an engagement ring?)  I left it open originally partially because I wasn't sure what the trinket was going to be.  I thought of other things he could get her that would effectively be the same thing.  But I decided that the small ring was perfect anyway.

I wrote chapters 56 (the end of the last arc) and 57 back-to-back within the same day.  The aftermath of Marluxia--excuse me, Marlynort--was exhilarating (regardless of how depressing it was) to write.  And then there was chapter 57 which was all the happy Zerith feels.  I didn't even have to work to hard at it.  The words just flew onto the page.  And now they're happily engaged and all is right with the Worlds.  Or something cheesy like that.

Chapter 58 was a pain to write because after chapter 57, nothing was interesting.  But I managed.  Granted, nothing terribly exciting happens in that chapter, much of it is just Sora's thoughts, but hey, they get to Corona.

I don't remember, but I think chapter 59 was a quickish one to write.  The ones where I split up the POVs tend to happen that way.  Granted, it was all mostly filler: Kuin looking for Xigbar but not actually finding him, Marlene and Barret arriving in Hollow Bastion, Yuffie blowing up something in Cid's workshop and having to deal with it.  Nothing terribly plot important, but did allow for character development.  Mostly for Yuffie though, honestly.  She's been growing up a lot this fic.  And her actually taking responsibility for something without being coerced is good.

Then there's the events of Corona, or at least the first part anyway.  Corona's not a place that's been having a lot of problems.  Things are quiet.  Rapunzel and Flynn are away at the coronation ceremony preceding Elsa's outburst that froze the place.  The King and Queen of Corona are just going about their business when Marlynort shows up and starts to cause trouble.  Naturally, Sora and his friends sign themselves up to take care of the problem.  They take time finding Marlynort because he's a true Chaotic Evil and is enjoying causing a ruckus.  This is where the Namine Replica shows up and those shenanigans begin.

The Cloud chapter makes me really happy.  Because the first bit of it is him trying to figure out what's going on with Zack and Aerith--because they haven't told anybody yet.  (Too much thought of elopement to say anything yet.)  And then Sephiroth shows up and Leon and Cloud fight him and win.  It's great.

And just when you thought I wasn't going to throw a Remnant at you because of Marlynort and Larxene and everything, a wild Remnant appears in Disney Town and tries to go after none other than Demyx.  Poor Demyx.  Not that that's going to happen if Terra, Ven, and Aqua have a say.  And when the going got tough, Mickey and Minnie both showed up and were BAMF.  I love writing for the two of them.  They are amazing and wonderful and my forevership.  I don't remember rar's exact reaction upon reading it, but it was definitely like "YOUREGIVING ME MICKEYXMINNIE FEELS AND I JUST>>> AAAAAAHHHHH...."

Cue battle with Marlynort that's really hard when your forces are cut in half.  (Like seriously, imagine game mechanics where you're FORCED to do that battle halved because the other half of your party is off fighting Larxene.)  (I'd like to think that you could choose the party that went, but for that battle with Larxene (and what follows it) it's kind of necessary that the people that went went.)  And after the battle, cue everyone being uneasy because Marlynort talks a good show.

Then, HAVE SOME MORE FLUFF (which I'm sure is what I said to rar when I sent her the chapter) with Zack and Aerith announcing their engagement and upcoming wedding.

And Corona is quietly wrapped up and the others return and they head off to Deep Space for the next adventure.

Larxene stuff to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment