Friday, January 23, 2015

Deep Space (various chapters between 70 and 78)

Let's talk about Deep Space and not about Larxene, kay? Because I want to give the Larxene post a ton of justice and Ima put it off for one more post, kay?

Deep Space kind of got overshadowed by the Larxene sequence, but it's still just as vitally important.  It's not like Corona, which was kind of just there because the whole plot of that was Marlynort causing trouble while action was elsewhere.  There's a major plot point in Deep Space which is Xehanort attempting to Nort Terra.  Which is a Big Deal.

 But unrelated to even that at the moment, is how in Hollow Bastion, Aerith's house is FINALLY done expanding.  For once, I actually know how many bedrooms she's got there because I redid the entire top floor and just added more bedrooms because I knew they were going to need them.  (Simultaneously, Zack's changed the plans so that one of the bedrooms can become his and Aerith's room when they eventually get married.  Yup.  That happened.)  Also, Cid and Shera are adorable and it's great.  They'll be together working on crazy projects forever and I love them.

ALSO ALSO is Leon asking Cid for relationship advice because he doesn't have anyone else to ask and he just wants to know what to do with Rinoa.  And it makes me think back to in the Prequel where Cid's watching Zack and Aerith be all lovey-dovey and he has a passing thought that Leon'll never get a girlfriend and then Rinoa shows up and BAM, Leon doesn't know it yet, but she's gonna be his girlfriend.

And Cid as everyone's father figure even though he didn't want to be is just another level of great.

Anyway, so Deep Space.  More like, LILO AS A SPACE PILOT.  I read a headcanon on Tumblr a while ago that included that and I was just like... I NEED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.  So, uh, I did.  Her age is really something that I never ironed out, but whatever, she's still the youngest pilot ever amongst a whole ton of aliens and it's Super Cool.

And then Namine, Vexen, and Aerith show up and Axel's like: "Heheh, you're the real Vexen, I'm coming along to mess with you!" And then he volunteers Roxas and Xion while he's at it for maximized amazingness.

And THEN we have Ven, Aqua, and Terra showing up, which is just all sorts of beautiful because of their previous relationship with Deep Space and all that went on there.  And the glorious reunion that gets to happen (as a couple of you have mentioned.)

Stitch's language was fun, because I actually went to Disney's website for Tantalog: http://stitchdatabase.wikia.com/wiki/Tantalog_language and got all of my information from there.  It was a bit interesting working on sentences with structure that had all the appropriate words in them.  But it was a fun experiment.

And mixed in with all of this is Tifa trying to figure out what's up with Zack and Aerith but also a great fight with Hades.  I love integrating Tifa's future plans, because now that Aerith's house is done, everyone gets to think of the next projects and I'm setting things up for the end here.  Also, small commitment apples are something that my Hapkido instructor called small apples (or pears) and I just had to use the phrase.

I really loved the image of Cloud and Tifa barreling through the Betwixt and Between trying to get rid of Hades' hounds.  I think I got the idea from rar... But anyway... I realized that I couldn't really do it justice because I couldn't think of a way to write it that wouldn't be boring.  So instead I just had Cloud blame it on being old and then impulsively go and fight Hades.  Granted, he ended up with the Hero's Medallion on his own.  I remember writing that sequence and Cloud's like, yup, got it from Zack and I'm like "WHEN?!? I didn't write that!!!"

But anyway, back to the Remnant trying to destroy Terra's life.  I wanted a Remnant to try and Nort Terra from the very beginning, just not AT the beginning.  Because I wanted it to be one of the stronger ones... I wanted Terra to be stronger and I wanted the Remnant to be stronger.  The Remnant was probably banking on Terra's being successful, so he didn't try initially.  Terra, meanwhile, had more time for his heart to grow and recuperate.  And so then we get the really epic conversation in Terra's heart where he's trying to banish Xehanort.

But the line "How many times have you reincarnated yourself?" is just so amazing, because it's followed by "Only the one boy.  If it had been more, rest assured you wouldn't be here right now." "You'd better not be lying!" "I assure you, if I had more practice, you would have remained a vessel."

Xehanort is just so dang cocky! But he's also matter-of-fact and that whole scene just gave me shivers.

And then we've got Kuin actually running into Xigbar.  Xigbar who, before this, has literally just been beach-hopping and staying under everyone's radar.  He managed because most people forgot that he didn't survive the battle of Castle Oblivion.  I loved putting Kuin up against him because we've got two gunners who are full of themselves in different ways clashing and it leads to beautiful things.

Then we've also got Mickey going up against Marlynort.  Because Mickey's been up to a lot of things, which is what this chapter was supposed to address from the beginning, but then I figured that Marlynort should also be up to something, so hey, why not make a few things line up.  So Mickey fights Marlynort and gets an idea of what everyone's up against.

And then Xion, Axel, and Roxas return just in time for Terra to finish off his inner Xehanort.  And he's rid of Xehanort for good.  And all is well for Terra.

I feel like I should have more to say and I know I've done more in the past, but that's all I've got for right now.  Prepare for a Larxene Sequence post in the next few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment