Saturday, January 4, 2014

Tifa is Cloud’s light, you can’t tell me otherwise (Prequel ch 70)



Okay, so I generally hate having to do separate chapters from different PoV’s, but I figured that this would benefit from it, so I backtracked a tad. 

This chapter starts out before Tifa even arrives in Hollow Bastion, but rather her showing up in Traverse Town and running into Leon.  I decided it was a good idea, as you can tell from my Tumbl. 

You can also tell from my Tumbl that Tifa and Leon were talking all over the place and I had a hard time keeping up.  *rolls eyes* I hate it (and love it) when characters do that.

I really love the dynamic between Leon and Tifa.  Leon just decides that day that he likes Tifa for whatever reason and he’s gonna help her.  And Tifa doesn’t complain.  It’s great, because this turns into a friendship where Tifa can look at Leon in the heat of battle, say “I need a lift” and he uses his gunblade to get her into the air.  I LOVE THEIR DYNAMIC.  Like, they’re a brotp.  End of story.

I also just made a crapton of references (radiant, shrouding dark cloud, and a SoKai reference, all for the win!)
by B-AGT on dA

Then a bit of duplication, except I abbreviated some stuff so it wasn’t a direct duplication. 

Then the end of that sequence, which was already set to be Sephiroth leaving, saying he’ll never be truly gone.  Then Tifa embraces Cloud and demands that he tell her what all has happened, but Cloud is too weak to respond at the moment.  Aerith decides that they should just go back to Traverse Town and deal with things there.

Well, that’s the plan anyway.  But I shan’t say more because spoilers.  Muahahaha.

Teaser Quotes:

“I mean, my teleportation spells sometimes have glitches, but I’m getting pretty good.”

“That’s highly effective.”
“Not my most favorite spell, but yes, effective.”

“Odds Leon managed to cook something?”
“Slim, but possible.”

“Daddy’s gotta take care of these Heartless!”

“Who are you?”
“Nobody in particular.”

Have I mentioned that I love the Piano Guys, seriously... check them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment